The course details the requirements of ISO 45001: 2018 to help you understand how an occupational health and safety management system should be designed and implemented.
ISO 45001 is the first ISO standard to address the discipline of occupational health and safety and replaces the popular British standard OHSAS 18001. If you are looking to migrate from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001 you will find in the course valuable information.
After going through all the lessons you will have a good understanding of all the requirements of ISO 45001: 2018, and will be able to take part in the implementation, improvement, administration or audit of an occupational health and safety management system.
If you are a health and safety engineer, practitioner, officer or manager, if you are used to working with OHSAS 18001 or other specfic standards or you are just completely new to health and safety; you will certainly find useful and interesting information in the course.
The course follows the structure of ISO 45001: 2018 with all requirements of the standard explained in an easy to understand manner.
The following topics are included in the curriculum:
– a short history of the OH&S concept and a presentation of ISO 45001
– The context of the organization: internal and external issues, needs and expectations of interested parties and the scope of the occupational health and safety management system
– Leadership and worker participation: leadership and commitment; occupational health and safety policy; organizational roles, responsibilities and authorities; consultation and participation of workers
– Planning: risks and opportunities; hazard identification; legal and other requirements and OH&S objectives
– Support: competence and awareness; internal and external communication; documented information for the OH&S management system
– Operation: planning and control of operations; procurement (including contracting and outsourcing); emergency preparedness and response
– Performance evaluation: monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation; internal audit and management review; compliance evaluation
– Improvement: incident and nonconformity investigation and corrective actions
– Key changes in ISO 45001 compared to OHSAS 18001 and
– The certification of an occupational health and safety management system to ISO 45001
The course is a concise and provides you with all key information about ISO 45001. You can review the information here at any time during the implementation, administration or audit of an occupational health and safety management system.
Be prepared for ISO 45001, the standard that will become very soon the world’s common language in occupational health and safety!
- Health and safety practitioners
- OH&S managers
- Management system auditors
- ISO consultants
- Managers with health and safety responsibilities
- Professionals with an interest in occupational health and safety